Immune Defense Program
Immune Defense Program
Many environmentally sensitive people and kids with autism have weakened immune systems, overloaded from all the stress of dealing with toxins and allergens. Even with good nutrition and supplements on board, they still catch every cold or flu bug that comes along. This program is for these folks. It adds more of carefully chosen supplements to help support your natural immune defenses, strengthening your body's wonderful natural ability to fight off invaders. This program can be used seasonally, to build up immune strength before cold season or allergy season, or all year long, for those individuals fighting chronic immune problems.
Who Needs Immune Defense?
• People with chronic viruses.
• People with autoimmune disorders or those who take steroids.
• People who catch lots of colds, flu or lung infections.
• People who work or study in high-exposure environments - classrooms, hospitals, airplanes, etc.
• People who work in harsh weather conditions, eat poorly, or don’t get enough sleep.
• People who are under high amounts of stress.
The Immune Defense Program ‐ Essential Pieces
Boosting your Zinc is one of the best things you can do for immune health!
• Zinc deficient people are more susceptible to infections, including bacteria, herpes viruses and candida.
• Zinc is required by the body for neutrophil and NK (natural killer) cell function, crucial to fighting infections.
• Zinc also functions as an antioxidant. Antibody development is compromised in people who are zinc deficient.
• In studies, zinc lozenges have been shown to reduce the duration of colds significantly.
• Studies also show increased T Lymphocyte and macrophage function with supplemental zinc.
• In studies of elderly people, wound healing and infection resistance was improved by supplementing zinc.
Vitamin C, Quercetin bioflavonoids and carotenoids make a potent immune boosting formula. Quercetin is an even more powerful antioxidant than vitamin C. This is why we consider this Vitamin C supplement as Complete.
• Vitamin C increases production of white blood cells (used to fight infection) and antibodies.
• Vitamin C increases Interferon, which helps prevent viruses from entering your system.
• Vitamin C is antimicrobial and increases NK cell activity.
• In studies, vitamin C has been shown to shorten the duration of respiratory infections by about a day.
• May reduce incidence of infections, pneumonia and diarrhea in children.
• Vitamin C can help raise glutathione levels. Glutathione supports immune function and excretion of toxins.
• Together, Vitamin C and bioflavonoids make a "complete" vitamin C, and are much more effective than either one by itself.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, Astragalus makes it more difficult for infections to enter. Western medical studies have confirmed that Astragalus strengthens the immune system and has antiviral properties.
• Deep Immune System Tonic.
• May help avoid acute and chronic infections, including Lymes Disease.
• Supports red and white blood cells, NK cells
• Supports natural production of Interferon, which helps effectively launch an immune response.
• Adrenal system support, helps normalize the body’s reactions to stress
Olive Leaf Extract
Olive Leaf is an incredibly versatile, broad‐spectrum herb for fighting pathogens and general immune support. Olive Leaf has also been shown by research to support healthy cholesterol levels, blood pressure and heart health.
• Inhibits the growth of bacteria and viruses.
• Supports a healthy immune system.
• Helps discourage Candida overgrowth.
• Studies show that Olive Leaf may help with allergies and fatigue
• Promotes healthy blood pressure and cholesterol and heart health
NOTE: Olive Leaf contains phenols. You may wish to substitute Oregon Grape for Olive Leaf if you do not tolerate berries and other other foods that are high in phenols.